Symantec endpoint protection client not updating from manager
Yesterday while I was on google, i found a post of almost the same issue with SEPM, so itried the solution and suddenly I had all my client PC's updating.
Briefly this is how i fixed this, to verify that the SEPM has been updated, open "C:\Program Files\Symantec\Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\content\" you should see a folder or folders with the ymmddxxx naming convention, look for the current folder , inside it should have a folder named full and a zip file named full as well.
If I look at the "Show Live Update Downloads" screen, it is empty and says "No Live Update Content has been downloaded".
The folder "\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Symantec\Live Update\Downloads" has lots of folders, but "\Program Files\Symantec\Endpoint Protection Manager\Inetpub\content" is empty except for an empty "Content Info.txt" file.
This document is intended for developers who want to write applications that interact with Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.
I had installed a WSUS server on the same server as my SEPM, so i tried unistalling the WSUS and followed step by step instructions from symantec on how to recover from this situation.
all in all, this did not work, it was a desperate situation for me as all my Windows XP and Vista machine ere not updating so I had to allow manual updates.
A system administrator account is required for this REST API.
Send a command from Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager to Symantec Endpoint Protection clients to request a suspicious file submission to a content analysis server (or a malware analysis appliance) and to send the score back to Symantec Endpoint Protection Manager.